Version 1.23.0 Bash completion enhancements
Unusually for a ppl release, this one doesn’t add any new core functionality or fix any bugs. Instead, this release is solely an update to the Bash integration. The following improvements have been made to the bash completion.
- It now returns command name suggestions much more quickly
- It can autocomplete email addresses for use with
- It can autocomplete nicknames for use with
- It can autocomplete organizations for use with
- It can autocomplete phone numbers for use with
- It can autocomplete URLs for use with
- It can autocomplete git remotes for use with
For example, if you’re attempting to amend the
--type of a contact’s phone
number, you can now enter
ppl phone adam 071<Tab> and Bash will autocomplete
the rest of the phone number.
See the Bash integration guide for details of how to install the updated completion function to your system.